Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hello, sunshine!

It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for me. I know I mentioned this the other day, but all this wintry weather has been getting to me. I've never been one to be prone to depression, especially not just because of the fact that it's winter, but good grief, enough with the clouds already! And really, if it must snow, can we at least get enough to cancel classes? 'Cause that'd be awesome. Let's have one or the other, preferably the warm and sunny stuff. I mean, really, it's gotten so bad that I am super excited that The Weather Channel (best thing ever) says it's going to be 56 degrees on Sunday. That's almost 60! And 60s = SPRING, SPRING, SPRING!!! Don't let me down, weather.com.

Another thing that made my life a little happier today was seeing my Little Pal, Katie! I love that kid so much. Every time I go to the Boys & Girls Club, she always makes me really thankful that I finally got around to joining BPLP. We are so much alike. It's ridiculous. Not only do people say we look like sisters, we have tons of things in common. Neither of us are super girly (but not tomboyish, either). We both love outdoorsy stuff, reading, and art. Other than a zillion common interests, there are a bunch of little things, like the fact that we both randomly skip when we walk, or that we both really, really like broccoli (as I discovered today). You know, just random things. I love it. No questions here--we were meant to be!

Okay, it would probably be a good idea to do a little more studying for the Social Psych exam I get to take in the morning. (I'm super proud of myself--for the first time in forever, I have been exceptionally focused tonight!) Cognitive dissonance, self-efficacy, fundamental attribution error, blah blah blah. OKAYBYE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment