Friday, February 26, 2010

Best week ever!

The power cord for my laptop decided to completely stop working the other day, so I've been pretty limited in my computer use lately in an effort to save battery power. Luckily, my dad was smart enough to get an extended warranty for it, so I don't have to pay $90 or something equally ridiculous for a new one. Unfortunately, it's supposed to take another two weeks for the new one to get here. Awesome.

I do have to say, though, that it has been a little bit of a blessing in disguise, if you will. I've actually been able to (gasp) read for the fun of it! I don't even know how long it's been since I've done that at college. So that's been pretty nice. Actually, this week has been kind of awesome in general. The highlights:

1. Basketball Game!
Monday night's game = definitely a good one! It was really close the entire time. The other team (don't remember who it was) was barely ahead, but Lee scored a three-pointer in the last few seconds and won. Any game that involves everyone in the stands rushing onto the court as soon as the game ends is pretty awesome to me. Yesss!

2. Taco Tuesday and Free Pancakes!
I love going to Tres Hermanos on Tuesday nights. I mean, really, 75 cent tacos? How much better can you get? I went with Christy and Luke, and was later joined by Ward and James. While I was there, Kristi texted me. Turns out it was also Free Pancake Day, so as soon as I got done with Taco Tuesday, it was off to IHOP with Kristi, Mike, Jon, and Tuna (some of my favorite people ever!). Good times. :)

3. No More Searcy!
My Ethics professor is apparently really sick and isn't going to be able to teach for the rest of the semester. While this is kinda sad, it also means that I don't have to listen to her ramble about snake handling churches anymore. I was initially a little nervous about who they were going to stick my class with for a substitute. These worries promptly ceased when Alan McClung walked in the room. Best. Day. Ever.

4. No Homework!
I have had no homework this week whatsoever. I hardly know what to do with myself. I haven't had a week like this all semester long. The past several weeks have been super stressful, so it has DEFINITELY been nice to have a break!

5. Cancelled Class!
My 9:10am class was cancelled today. I don't have another class until 2:35pm, so guess what? I got to sleep until 12:30pm on a Thursday and it was totally okay. That was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me, ever (or at least close enough). It's strange not feeling exhausted...

6. McDonald's & Spanish Soap Operas!
Last night, Kristi, Jon, and I went to Hughes' Open Dorm and hung out with Michael. We had nothing to do afterwards, so we decided to go somewhere to get something to eat (for me, because I have apparently have chronic hunger issues) and drink (for Kristi, who was actually thirsty for once in her life). After an interesting drive-thru experience at McDonald's...
"Do you have milkshakes?"
"Yes."
Long pause.
"Do you have Hi-C?"
"...Hi-C milkshakes?"
...we went to Jon's so I could get a doughnut (or two. I'm telling you, I think I have a problem). We ended up watching some intense Spanish soap opera that none of us could understand (minus a couple of phrases that I could make out when they weren't yelling at 150mph). Basically, all I got out of it was #1, pink envelopes make awesome fans, and #2, if you want men to fight over you, wear fuzzy pink and orange hair clips (to accentuate the pink and orange curls in your hair) and earrings that are shaped like pink baby bottles. Valuable life lessons, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment