Saturday, May 7, 2011

Summer, summer, summer!

Reading: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
(I've been intrigued by this book for awhile, so when I found it at Books-A-Million for $4, I decided to go for it. I'm a little over halfway through. I'm not quite sure what I think of it, but I'll give it this: it's interesting.)

IT'S SUMMER!

I am so relieved. This finals week was the most stressful yet--4 big exams and a time-consuming final project, combined with job-hunting (fail), definite lack of sleep, and packing up/cleaning for my twice-a-year move (gotta love living on campus...). Oh, and my dog died. Great week, let me tell you! BUT, I survived, and am now basking in the fact that I HAVE NOTHING TO DO FOR A MONTH! Granted, I'm sure I'll be sick of this within the week, and I do wish I could've found a job, but then again, I think I needed a break from life in general. Maybe this is a good thing.

One thing I've been doing like crazy lately: reading. I don't even remember the last time I was in this much of a reading mood, but I have missed it immensely. I forgot how good it feels to hide away by myself and just read sometimes. After these past couple of weeks, it's been somewhat therapeutic. I'm hoping it keeps up, so if anyone has any book recommendations, feel free to send them my way!

Anyway, I don't have much to say other than that. I mostly just wanted to express my joy and relief over summertime. Everything else is irrelevant at this point (well, mostly).

No comments:

Post a Comment