Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Day of Awesomeness

Awesome Thing #1: This picture.
I love them so much. Seriously. I am so thankful for every single person in that picture. They are some of my favorite people in the entire world, and I'm so glad they're my friends! (That night was pretty awesome, too--playing a bunch of random sports in the rain, including Ultimate Frisbee, rugby, and some random game Jon & Tuna invented that made no sense, followed by an adventure in the fountain...oh yes!)

Awesome Thing #2: I drove somewhere that I had never been before today...and I didn't get lost a single time. If you know me, you know that this is definitely an accomplishment. I was very proud of myself (and relieved, too--being late for an interview was not high on my list of things to do for the day).

Awesome Thing #3: I got the job at Camp JOY! (I pretty much already had it anyway, but I had my interview today, and it's official.) Yaaaay! I am super excited. My interview went really well. It was cool to finally meet the director (she and I have been talking on Facebook for a couple of weeks). She's cool and we seem to be on the same page about a lot of things, particularly spiritually speaking. That was definitely a huge relief! Anyway, I start my training and such on Monday, which involves getting paid, and that is something I definitely need. This means that I will be pretty busy from then until the beginning of July. The month of June is going to be crazy--I literally have something to do every single day, except for a couple of Saturdays. (I also won't have access to my phone for most of it, so if you text me in June, make sure it's on a weekend!) Seriously though, I am so relieved that I'll have stuff to occupy me. I need to stay busy. And who knows, maybe I'll be so exhausted from it that I'll want a lot of nothingness for a month in July. Heh! I have a couple of pending plans for then anyway, so hopefully those will work out. :)

Awesome Thing #4: I got all A's this semester!!!!!!! I am sooo excited about that. This is the first semester that I've managed to do that (there's always been that one class that I get a B in. Freshman year, it was Carmen's Spanish class and College Algebra. Last semester, it was Stats. Actually, I was kinda relieved to get B's in them--they were pretty rough!). I did have a little bit of a scare when I checked WebAdvisor the other day and discovered that I had a C in Ethics. Um, what?! I emailed Alan McClung ASAP, and he told me that he apparently didn't have a midterm grade for me. I don't know what happened, but I definitely turned in that exam! I let him know, and he basically took my word for it and changed my grade to an A. I love that man. Officially, if I didn't already. He's awesome.

P.S. I made a new header thing for the blog. It needed something more spring/summery. I like it in theory, but I feel like something is missing. I haven't figured out what yet, so it'll do for now. (On a side note, I love those tire swing pictures and I love that dress. I am so glad I bought it.)
P.P.S. I just killed a big spider that was crawling on my desk. Ugh. Another thing to be proud of myself for, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're self-sufficient enough to kill spiders when I'm not around. On a similar note, I opened my own medicine bottle yesterday, although it was very hard to open and took multiple tries. It was a breakthrough. That definitely doesn't mean I don't need you, though. I'm still usually very pathetic when it comes to opening things.

    P.S. I like the side pic of you by your bio.
    P.P.S. I really like that picture, too. I love our friends.
    P.P.P.S. Your life is awesome. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one thing missing from that picture...Courtney Allen ;) haha jk but I'm glad you got the job and all A's, and I'm glad you killed that pesky spider :D

    ReplyDelete