Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A few random ramblings

Confession: I just broke out the Christmas music.

I know, I know--it's not even Thanksgiving yet. I can't help it! I held out longer than I usually do, so I think that should count for something. I just love Christmastime way too much. A month of it is not enough! I'm especially looking forward to it this year. I'm not sure why, but I'm definitely more excited than usual! (Three words: The Polar Express. YESSS!!)

Anyway. Today, I realized that I definitely go to a Christian university. On my way to class, I passed a guy and a girl having a conversation in the middle of the sidewalk, and all of a sudden, the girl says, "You just need to rebuke those devils in the name of Jesus!" She was completely serious, and it's funny because that sort of thing is seen as totally normal around here. The Lee U Bubble--what can I say? (Bonus: I had two friends post Facebook statuses asking for "praise reports," and actually get serious responses. Only at Lee.)*

I selected my classes yesterday...sort of. I've been doing a lot of class-switching, which is super frustrating. Looks like I'm going to end up with Searcy again, just so I can free up a time for the new section Ortega might be opening. Ortega is so worth it, but I still don't really want to go until 4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Oh well. Let's hope she actually does open up another section and that I didn't give up my better time slot for no reason.

A rather vague reference to my life: I was talking to God a couple of days ago, and this is what He told me:
"None of this is by accident. Everything that has happened has worked out exactly how it was supposed to, from beginning to end. I didn't warn you at the beginning because it was all supposed to happen. You are right where you're supposed to be."
Kinda comforting, and maybe even a little freeing. I still may not like it, but I feel more at peace with my life now. New perspective--check!

P.S. I really, really like The Weepies. Their music makes for a great rainy day/chill soundtrack. Some of my personal faves: "The World Spins Madly On," "All Good Things," and "Gotta Have You."

*Clarification: I have nothing at all against telling people about the cool things God is doing in my life, nor do I necessarily disagree with sidewalk girl (though I would never in a million years use that wording). It's just the fact that it's normal is really amusing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment