Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Saltwater Room

Sometimes, I get a little obsessive about a certain song (and/or band), and I'll put it on repeat for hours on end, just because I can't stop listening. It's happened with "Dark Blue" by Jack's Mannequin, "Unsaid" by The Fray, "Come On, Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson (though I can't let myself listen to that one anymore, for various reasons...which sometimes makes me sad, because I do love that song), and who knows how many others. Well, my current obsession is "The Saltwater Room" by Owl City.

Oh my gosh. So good.

Fortunately, my roommate loves it, too, so she doesn't mind my listening habits too much. But for real--that guy is awesome. I'm not usually one to listen to electronica-type stuff that much, but dang. I can't stop listening to them (or him. Whatever. It's technically a solo project, but it sounds weird to refer to it as a singular thing). The girl's voice makes the song even better, and I love guy/girl harmony in general. Also, I think the lyrics are pretty wonderful.

Owl City's Myspace: myspace.com/owlcity

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite songs in the world--definitely top 3! Actually I kinda want this song played at my wedding. I was crushed when I found out that they were coming to Nashville on a wednesday night

    ReplyDelete