Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Things.

Well, this week has certainly been interesting. Let's just say that if it were a rollercoaster, it would have consisted of a million loops and a few vertical drops. Definitely not of the pleasant variety. Fortunately, it seems to have evened out a bit (I think. I hope!), so I think things are going to be okay. Besides, I'm trying to make good use of my sense of humor and optimistic personality and be positive anyway, so without further ado...

Happy Thing #1: My roommate (who has recently developed an obsession with watching Sesame Street videos) posted this on my wall yesterday. It's pretty much my life.


Also, I forgot how much I love Jason Mraz.

Happy Thing #2: I love, love, love my friend Anna. I met her at camp the summer I turned 16 (see picture), and I've literally only seen her once since then (which was 2 years ago), but she has been one of the greatest friends I've ever had. We try to keep each other updated on our lives through a series of ridiculously long Facebook messages. It's funny how I can be so open and honest with someone that I never, ever see, but I love it. She's one of those people who I can almost always count on to get exactly what I'm talking about, just because we're so alike. She's wonderful. :)

Happy Thing #3: I LOVE THIS SONG!


Sorry it wouldn't let me post the actual video. Embedding is disabled. Lame, I know. But for real, it keeps getting stuck in my head. Lyrically, not exactly a happy song. But musically? It never fails to brighten my day.

Happy Thing #4: Thanks to fall break, being exempt from a midterm, and not having Taekwondo class this week, I only have classes today. Kiiiinda awesome. Plus, in said classes, I only had one midterm, and I swear it was the easiest exam I've ever taken. Seriously. I also got my Humanities exam back (the one I completely B.S.'d), and with the extra credit we're going to get just for watching the movie Troy, I have an A. Needless to say, it's been pretty good day.

Happy Thing #5: While it doesn't exactly feel like fall yet (the 80-something degree weather is killing me), the leaves are finally starting to change. One of my favorite things ever. Yesterday evening, I was driving around with Kristi on these random country back roads, and the sunset (which was completely gorgeous) paired with the reds and oranges on the trees was pretty much perfect. I wish I could have gotten a picture, but I don't think pictures would have done it justice. It was amazing.

Okay, I'm done now. I'm heading to my last class in a few minutes, and after that... Helloooo 5 days of freedom!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm shocked you used the term "BS." lololz. But for real, I don't have an obsession!!!!!!!!!
    And I'm obsessed with Love Like Woe, too. But you knew that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know--I'm such a rebel. And of course you don't have an obsession. You've only been watching them constantly for the past couple of days, including for 3 hours straight this afternoon. Obsession? What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete