Friday, May 8, 2009

Whoa, summer?!

Listening To: Skyline Drive by Mae

I have decided that I'm not really a fan of this whole not having a permanent residence thing. It is entirely too much trouble to move two and a half times a year (the half being Christmas break). I mean, really? And who knew I had so much stuff?! Talk about ridiculous.

Since being home, I have been doing some intense cleaning. If I had a crazy amount of stuff at school, it was double that left at home. My room was a disaster area after bringing everything in (see above picture). Seeing as there was no room for the stuff I actually needed/wanted, I had to go through and get rid of a ton of stuff before I could even think about unpacking. I'm still not done, but needless to say, it looks a heck of a lot better. Hey, I can actually see my closet floor for the first time in 5 years! (And sadly, I am entirely serious.) I'm pretty proud of myself.

I'm debating whether or not to throw in one of those standard nostalgic, introspective end-of-the-semester reviews here or not. Maybe I should just save that for my own thoughts. However, I will say that it was an amazing, amazing year. They say your freshman year is the worst. If that's the case, then my college experience is going to be absolutely incredible. I have made some of the greatest friends I've ever had in my life, learned some interesting (and valuable!) lessons, and, you know, I think I've become more myself. I like that. :) I'm excited for next semester (though I'll admit that I'm a little apprehensive, too, in some respects. I guess that's where trusting God comes in).

Anyway, it's late (or early?), and I have things to do tomorrow, so I'm out. Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment